There are ten ecotourist rules formulated by the International Ecotourism Organization (TIES):
- remember the vulnerability of the Earth;
- leave only traces, take away only photographs;
- to get to know the world into which he fell: the culture of peoples, geography;
- respect local people;
- not to buy products from manufacturers that endanger the environment;
- always follow only well-trodden paths;
- support programs to protect the environment;
- where possible, use conservation techniques;
- support organizations that promote the protection of nature;
- travel with companies that support the principles of ecotourism.
There are only three points to define a real eco-vacation:
- knowledge of nature;
- conservation of ecosystems;
- respect for the interests of residents.
If at least one of them is missing, then this is no longer ecotourism.