When the first surprise has passed, you will fall in love with the depth and beauty of this country and leave there under a deep impression from another culture.
What I would especially like to recommend on your travel in India:
- In Old Delhi, see the India Gate. Near the gate are street vendors offering various souvenirs and snake charmers. If you filmed them calling a snake, I advise you to leave them some money, otherwise they will follow you and demand it.
- Humayun's Tomb is a large complex with different temples and buildings, and a very beautiful garden.
- The Lotus Temple is an interesting temple, any person can come there, regardless of their faith, and pray to their gods.
- Delhi Cathedral Mosque Jama Mahal. Here you can see how the locals come to pray, how they first wash their feet and only then enter the Mosque.
- Near Jama Mahal is the Red Fort of Delhi - a replica of the Red Fort in Agra. You can go to the fort in Agra, and skip in Delhi.
- Taj Mahal in Agra. It is necessary to go there early at dawn to see the twinkling of the towers at sunrise. They offer a guide at the entrance, but I think it is possible without him, because he does not help much, he only tells the story of the Taj Mahal, which can also be read on Google, and then he persistently invites you to go to “unnecessary” leather and shoe stores and to tailors ... Taj Mahal is made of specially brought white marble, it glows differently in the morning, afternoon and in the light of the moon. At night, the Taj Mahal is not allowed, so you can enjoy its beauty only during the day and in the morning.
- The pink city of Jaipur. It is only inside the old city, and the pink color began to cast a little yellowish, at least it seemed to me so.
- Many do not miss elephant trekking. The elephant is a very important animal in India. The god of wisdom and prosperity is depicted with the head of an elephant. In general, the image of elephants can be seen everywhere in India: in temples, on clothes, on bags, on souvenirs. Feeding an elephant means inviting good luck to yourself. The main delicacy for elephants is bananas.
- And finally, what to see in India for a tourist is the city of Varanasi. In Varanasi, I advise you to get up early in the morning and take a boat ride on the Ganges River at dawn, where you can see: how the bodies of the dead are burned, the washing of women, morning ritual baths, I even saw how some people drink directly from the river.