Like many others, I have always thought that the Maldives is only for oligarchs and Hollywood stars, and that a “mere mortal” vacation here will cost exorbitant money, so this is a myth. Trust me, an experienced traveler.
I will dwell in more detail on the price of the issue, since it is the rest in the Maldives that causes a lot of rumors:
- There are resorts in the Maldives, where one night stay in houses on the water can cost from $ 850.
- You can fly to the local islands, where 3 * hotels are built and there are also guest houses and a room will cost from $ 50 per day.
- Everything is very relative and depends on your wallet and the amount that you are willing to spend on vacation. Again, arriving at a specific resort, buying vouchers - you already understand what the meal plan will be, because you negotiate it in advance with the travel agency and pay. You can pay only for BB breakfasts (bed & breakfast) or take half board HB (half board), or maybe fully full board FB (Full Board). It all depends on your desire and ability.
- My advice to you - take half board HB, this is when breakfast and dinner are included. Because you can always come to any restaurant in the resort for lunch, the average check will be about $ 70.
- And if you go to a cafe / restaurant in the capital of Male, the average check will be $ 20- $ 25.
- It is a very important detail - remember that water is always paid and it is cheaper to order local water, because fresh water in the Maldives has its own story. A bottle of water can cost $ 5 and up.
The main mode of transport in the Maldives is air. Also, high-speed boats, dhoni boats or ferries are used as vehicles, and in populated cities there are taxis and scooters. As for air transport, it is a seaplane (seaplane). Although it seems to be an air mode of transport, at the same time it is a water transport. Such an aircraft is capable of taking off and landing on the water surface. To the distant island resorts, transfers for guests are carried out from the main airport by seaplane. Seaplane flights are the fastest way to travel in the Maldives and one of the most expensive. The price of one ticket for a group trip is $ 150- $ 350. The price for a seaplane ride depends on the flight time, distance, hotel class and season. A short trip will cost you $ 200- $ 300, while an hour flight is $ 500- $ 600 round trip. Children aged 2-11 years get a 50% discount. Transportation of children under 2 years old is free. You can rent a plane for personal purposes, and it will cost from $ 3000. It is important to remember that seaplanes fly only during daylight hours from 6:00 am to 4:00 pm.